Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Seven shepards and eight dukes, latest watchtower.

Seven shepards and eight dukes, latest watchtower.

Has anyone got any thoughts on the latest watchtower

2. Quote Originally Posted by Thinking View Post
    Has anyone got any thoughts on the latest watchtower
    When I have important decisions to make, do I put my trust in God or in men? —Prov. 3:5, 6.
    That is a very good question, which wasn’t addressed in this paragraph. (Page 17, 5 )

It is better to take refuge in Jehovah
Than to trust in earthling man.
Than to trust in nobles.

(Ps. 118:8-9 NWT )

The prophecy about seven shepherds and eight dukes has its major fulfillment in our day. (Page 20, 16)

He has made everything appropriate in its time. He has also set eternity in their heart, yet so that man will not find out the work which God has done from the beginning even to the end. (Ec. 3:11 NASB )

The most practical step that we can take to prepare for the coming attack of “the Assyrian” is that of strengthening our faith in God and helping our brothers to do the same. (Page 20, 17)

Then immediately following that statement is this.

At that time, the life-saving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not.

Really? Do they mean following their instruction like that given by the Pharisees or Sadducees? They also claimed to be Jehovah’s representatives. Are we to follow Jehovah’s word, or that of earthling man? Even nobles?

Quote Originally Posted by Tsaphah View Post
    When I have important decisions to make, do I put my trust in God or in men? —Prov. 3:5, 6.
    That is a very good question, which wasn’t addressed in this paragraph. (Page 17, 5 )

Than to trust in earthling man.
Than to trust in nobles.

(Ps. 118:8-9 NWT )

The prophecy about seven shepherds and eight dukes has its major fulfillment in our day. (Page 20, 16)

He has made everything appropriate in its time. He has also set eternity in their heart, yet so that man will not find out the work which God has done from the beginning even to the end. (Ec. 3:11 NASB )

The most practical step that we can take to prepare for the coming attack of “the Assyrian” is that of strengthening our faith in God and helping our brothers to do the same. (Page 20, 17)

Then immediately following that statement is this.

At that time, the life-saving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not.

Really? Do they mean following their instruction like that given by the Pharisees or Sadducees? They also claimed to be Jehovah’s representatives. Are we to follow Jehovah’s word, or that of earthling man? Even nobles?

Okay what about this....when Moses led the crowd to the point they crossed the red sea..it didn't look like a good decision from a logical point of view.
    with mountains on either side, it looked as if they would be trapped.
    they needed to put faith in what Moses said....the argument could be made for the situation today.

Unless what they are going to ask us is in blatant disregard of the scriptures,it could become a little confusing.

Sis thinking

Blog Entries
    The thought that came to my mind was that Moses had proof that he had Jehovah's backing, such as the ten plagues. Feel free to correct me if I'm not thinking straight.
    "Don't worry about it darlin' we're not going to break the rules, we're just going to bend them a little bit." - Don Ready
    Fair dinkum, mate!

Quote Originally Posted by wallflower View Post
    The thought that came to my mind was that Moses had proof that he had Jehovah's backing, such as the ten plagues. Feel free to correct me if I'm not thinking straight.

Okay but what if someone comes back with how the org has preached the good news in all the inhabited earth.
    this was done by the FDS direction.

We have been amazingly effective and would appear to have Jehovah's backing ??
    is this not enough proof?

6. Either Jehovah is going to crush the WTBTS or he's not. If he's going to crush the organization as a form of discipline then it will be impossible for it to function in the future capacity that its speaking of.

Either Jehovah is going to revel the evil within the organization or he's not. If his will is to definitely reveal the evils within the organization, it will be impossible for them to gain any further trust of Jehovah's sheeple. They will be looked at as liars and hypocrites of the worst kind.

If Jehovah is sending his two witnesses to complete the preaching work, They will either remain silent about the watchtower cover ups or they wont. I doubt very seriously that they will turn a blind eye to it because Jehovah and Jesus certainly wont.

I don't see the reason for alarm or confusion here. Jehovah will not leave those who love him, and neither will he leave them confused not knowing what to do. At this point, it seems to me that Jehovah is allowing the watchtower to go to a point in which there Is no return. This is a test to the sheeple in which God they will choose. MAN or HIM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Thinking View Post
    Okay what about this....when Moses led the crowd to the point they crossed the red sea..it didn't look like a good decision from a logical point of view.
    with mountains on either side, it looked as if they would be trapped.
    they needed to put faith in what Moses said....the argument could be made for the situation today.

Unless what they are going to ask us is in blatant disregard of the scriptures,it could become a little confusing.

Sis thinking
    Before or After Moses made the error of taking credit for that which rightly belonged to God saying "I will bring the water out of the rock for you". I find it interesting that Jehovah no longer found him suitable to lead the people into the promised land. Instead, Jehovah Chose Joshua to pick up where Moses left off.

I believe the Two Witnesses will serve as the 'Joshua Class' . Just my 2cents

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Either Jehovah is going to crush the WTBTS or he's not. If he's going to crush the organization as a form of discipline then it will be impossible for it to function in the future capacity that its speaking of.

Either Jehovah is going to revel the evil within the organization or he's not. If his will is to definitely reveal the evils within the organization, it will be impossible for them to gain any further trust of Jehovah's sheeple. They will be looked at as liars and hypocrites of the worst kind.

If Jehovah is sending his two witnesses to complete the preaching work, They will either remain silent about the watchtower cover ups or they wont. I doubt very seriously that they will turn a blind eye to it because Jehovah and Jesus certainly wont.

I don't see the reason for alarm or confusion here. Jehovah will not leave those who love him, and neither will he leave them confused not knowing what to do. At this point, it seems to me that Jehovah is allowing the watchtower to go to a point in which there Is no return. This is a test to the sheeple in which God they will choose. MAN or HIM.

Okay, we that know the tatt can see this but I am anticipating lots of comments on this article.
    to play the devils advocate, a little more...what about the seven shepards and eight dukes.
    what does this really mean,I have no idea.?

9. Quote Originally Posted by Thinking View Post
    Okay, we that know the tatt can see this but I am anticipating lots of comments on this article.
    to play the devils advocate, a little more...what about the seven shepards and eight dukes.
    what does this really mean,I have no idea.?
    Just as clueless as you are sis. All of my years in and around the truth, this is my first time hearing this expression. It's certainly a chin rubber.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Either Jehovah is going to crush the WTBTS or he's not. If he's going to crush the organization as a form of discipline then it will be impossible for it to function in the future capacity that its speaking of.

Your right Gabriel, there's nothing really to worry about. The society will be blindsided by it's own demise and this statement will be for not, but it does highlight the fact that the GB still wants to tighten the grip on the minds of our brothers and sisters...
    "See the stone that I have set before Joshua! On the one stone are seven eyes; and I am engraving an inscription on it,’ declares Jehovah of armies, ‘and I will take away the guilt of that land in one day." (Zech 3:9)