Thread: The Watchtower (Study Edition) January 15, 2014

Blog Entries

The Watchtower (Study Edition) January 15, 2014

"100 Years Of Kingdom Rule. How Does It Affect You?"

Page 12, paragraph 3

"Toward the end of the 19th century, light began to shine on a 2,500-year-old prophecy recorded by Daniel: "In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed." The Bible Students spent decades pointing out that the year 1914 would be significant. Many people at that time were optimistic. As one writer states: "The world of 1914 was full of hope and promise." With the outbreak of World War 1 later that year, however, Bible prophecy came true. The subsequent famines, earthquakes, and pestilences as well as the fulfillment of other Bible prophecies proved conclusively that Jesus Christ had begun to rule in heaven as King of God's Kingdom in 1914. By enthroning his Son as the Messianic King, Jehovah had, indeed, become King in a new sense!"

The way this paragraph is written makes it SEEM as if the Bible Students believed that Jesus was enthroned as King of God's Kingdom in 1914. The Bible Students who were alive at that time, did not believe that. They believed that Jesus had already been enthroned in the year 1874. Nelson Barbour had persuaded Charles Russell to draw this conclusion. The Bible Students expected Armageddon to occur in 1914 and they expected to receive their heavenly reward in that year. This is an attempt by the Society to re-write its history.

I'll include a link to a blog entry that I wrote some time ago about the "Faith In Action" DVD, where I compared the DVD to the Proclaimers Book.

http://e-jw.org/entry.php?11-Faith-In-Action-(1st-DVD)

Wallflower
    Last edited by wallflower; 09-01-2014 at 05:08 AM.
    "Don't worry about it darlin' we're not going to break the rules, we're just going to bend them a little bit." - Don Ready
    Fair dinkum, mate!

Quote Originally Posted by wallflower View Post
    "100 Years Of Kingdom Rule. How Does It Affect You?"

Page 12, paragraph 3

"Toward the end of the 19th century, light began to shine on a 2,500-year-old prophecy recorded by Daniel: "In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed." The Bible Students spent decades pointing out that the year 1914 would be significant. Many people at that time were optimistic. As one writer states: "The world of 1914 was full of hope and promise." With the outbreak of World War 1 later that year, however, Bible prophecy came true. The subsequent famines, earthquakes, and pestilences as well as the fulfillment of other Bible prophecies proved conclusively that Jesus Christ had begun to rule in heaven as King of God's Kingdom in 1914. By enthroning his Son as the Messianic King, Jehovah had, indeed, become King in a new sense!"

The way this paragraph is written makes it SEEM as if the Bible Students believed that Jesus was enthroned as King of God's Kingdom in 1914. The Bible Students who were alive at that time, did not believe that. They believed that Jesus had already been enthroned in the year 1874. Nelson Barbour had persuaded Charles Russell to draw this conclusion. The Bible Students expected Armageddon to occur in 1914 and they expected to receive their heavenly reward in that year. This is an attempt by the Society to re-write its history.

I'll include a link to a blog entry that I wrote some time ago about the "Faith In Action" DVD, where I compared the DVD to the Proclaimers Book.

http://e-jw.org/entry.php?11-Faith-In-Action-(1st-DVD)

Wallflower
    Hi Wallflower:

"In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed." This, as you know is a quote from Daniel chapter 2, but it is spoken "after" the image has been destroyed and pulverized to dust. Those kings is not speaking about the world powers that had existed in the past (there are long gone in history), but is referring to the kings that will come to power after the stone that is cut from the mountain strikes and pulverizes the existing world power of the "feet", which are an extension of the lower legs, the Anglo American world power.

The stone is not God's Kingdom, it is an unseen organization that is cut out from the mountain of Satan the Devil (this system)(cut out by the demons who have been cast out of the heavens and down to the earth, which becomes the last "world" power) which will bring an end to the system that is in it's death throws already from gross mismanagement.

They will do this so that they can provide the ostensible "solution" to the problem. The eighth king that will attempt to, through tyranny and dictatorship to marshal control of the planet. They will consist of the ten toes of the original idol who are also described in Revelation as the "ten kings" who will rule with the beast (the eighth king) for an hour, the same hour of test that will come upon the entire inhabited earth. It is this eighth king, the final beast that the Kingdom will completely destroy when it establishes it's power and authority on earth for the good of mankind, especially for those with faith. This could happen as soon as today, so be on the watch!!!

frank

All I can say is: what a mess.

I for one would have no problem if they would just come out and say "we made a mistake"

"Jesus is not ruling" "Satan has not been thrown down"

Now, how would others react? I'm guessing mayhem would ensue. Thanks for the writeup WF, very well reasoned / written!

the big problem with the whole 1914 jumbulation is that the bible says that jesus received full power and authority 2014 years ago and the bible says in mark some of you standing here wont die before you see the son of man comeing in power!! that is in all the gospels. and it means exactly what it says jesus has been ruleing the heavenly kingdom 2014 years and jehovah god has comanded that the angels are to worship him... it is written! now its time for someone else to dream up some other scripture jumbulation and get millions to follow and base their whole life around it..here is the real deal now jesus will rule in heaven almost 3000 years from ad until he returns to finish bussines on earth the kingdom reighn on earth does not begin until after armegedon and 1914 is not when jesus took power in heaven it was however the time when satan and the demons had a big party because men had decided to mass slaughter themselves. and religeions decided to self fullfill the bibles prophecy of I am the christ come here, or over their! in the mean while earth will face all heck but we will be long dead unless jesus decides to shorten those years(days) for the sake of the elect.jesus gives a good parable about the heir of the vineyard and the husbandmen....how is it that we read it over and over and miss the fact that the owner of the vineyard put those husbandmen in charge his own self.and when he sent for some produce they refused so finally he sent his son and he was killed.obviously this is isreal killing jesus. and the vineyard is people that were supposed to have been shepparded. well the rest is history..